A note with CVSS 4.3 for component CA-VE-VEV was released by SAP on 13.07.2021. The correction/advisory 3067890 was described with "[Multiple CVEs] Improper Input Validation in SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer" and affects the system type SAP 3D Visual Enterprise .
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is denial of service (dos) within SAP 3D Visual Enterprise .
Denial of Service (DoS) attacks that take a system offline may lead to significant cost for the company, studies quantify the costs in average between 4 and 5 millions dollars. Business continuity requires SAP systems staying online. The CVSS scores or vulnerability descriptions are not enough to represent how a simple bug can lead to a significant loss for companies.
Risk specificationSAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer does not properly validate inputs of certain file types allowing an unauthenticated user to open manipulated files received from untrusted sources resulting in the application crashing and become temporarily unavailable.
SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer now properly validates the input files.
The advisory is valid for
- 9.8 Multiple Vulnerabilities in SAP Data Services
- 7.5 [CVE-2021-38177] Null Pointer Dereference vulnerability in SAP CommonCryptoLib
- 6.5 [CVE-2021-21488] Insecure deserialisation in SAP NetWeaver Knowledge Management
- 6.5 [CVE-2020-26826] Unrestricted File Upload vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Application Server for Java (Process Integration Monitoring)
- 6.5 [CVE-2021-27603] Denial of Service (DoS) in SAP NetWeaver AS of ABAP