SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3059764
was released on
13.07.2021 and deals with
"[CVE-2021-33687] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver AS for Java (Enterprise Portal)" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
medium potential for exploitation
in component EP-PIN-NAV.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationThe SAP Enterprise Portal in SAP NetWeaver AS Java reveals sensitive information in one of their HTTP requests.
The impacted component is disabled by default.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- EP-RUNTIME 7.10-7.11 3
- EP-RUNTIME 7.20 3
- EP-RUNTIME 7.30 3
- EP-RUNTIME 7.31 4
- EP-RUNTIME 7.40 4
- EP-RUNTIME 7.50 3
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management
- 8.2 [CVE-2021-21483] Information Disclosure in SAP Solution Manager