A note with CVSS 9.9 for component CEC-COM-CPS-CKP was released by SAP on 13.04.2021. The correction/advisory 3040210 was described with "[CVE-2021-27602] Remote Code Execution vulnerability in Source Rules of SAP Commerce" and affects the system type SAP Commerce / SAP Commerce Cloud.
A workaround exists, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is code injection within SAP Commerce / SAP Commerce Cloud.
Risk specificationSAP Commerce Backoffice application allows certain authorized users to create source rules which are translated to drools rule when published to certain modules within the application. An attacker with this authorization can inject malicious code in the source rules and perform remote code execution enabling them to compromise the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the application.
SAP Commerce Cloud has been updated to perform validation and output encoding when processing Promotion Rules and other Source Rules. Although an alternative solution exists, it is advisable to apply the correction! This is the workaround, which was suggested by the SAP security experts: "Customers who do not wish to install the above patch releases yet, can implement a workaround to remediate this vulnerability that are described in the note. This workaround adjusts the permissions that grant create and change privileges to the SourceRule type. The goal of this workaround is to ensure that only highly trusted employees have such privileges.".
- 9.9 [CVE-2021-21466] Code Injection in SAP Business Warehouse and SAP BW/4HANA
- 9.1 [CVE-2020-6248] Code injection in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Backup Server)
- 9.1 [CVE-2020-26838] Code Injection vulnerability in SAP Business Warehouse (Master Data Management) and SAP BW4HANA
- 9.1 [CVE-2020-6318] Code Injection vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver (ABAP Server) and ABAP Platform
- 9.1 [CVE-2020-26808] Code Injection in SAP AS ABAP and S/4 HANA (DMIS)