SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 3036436
was released on
13.04.2021 and deals with
"[CVE-2021-27604] Potential XXE Vulnerability in SAP Process Integration (ESR Java Mappings)" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
external entity tunneling (xxe)
medium potential for exploitation
in component BC-XI-IBD-MAP.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Risk specificationAn authenticated attacker could leverage an XEE vulnerability in SAP Process Integration that could lead to information disclosure.
Applications that do not need to use DTDs should disable the support for those completely.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- SAP_XIESR 7.10-7.11 2
- SAP_XIESR 7.20 2
- SAP_XIESR 7.30 2
- SAP_XIESR 7.31 2
- SAP_XIESR 7.40 2
- SAP_XIESR 7.50 2
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-26831] Missing XML Validation in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Crystal Report)
- 9.3 [CVE-2020-6238] Missing XML Validation vulnerability in SAP Commerce
- 7.7 [CVE-2020-6285] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver (XMLToolkit for Java)
- 7.6 [CVE-2020-6366] Missing XML Validation in SAP NetWeaver (Compare Systems)
- 7.1 [CVE-2019-0396] Missing XML Validation vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Web Intelligence HTML interface)