On 09.03.2021 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 3022622 addresses "[CVE-2021-21480] Code injection vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence" to prevent code injection with a hot news risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Risk specificationSAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (MII) allows users having at least role SAP_XMII_Developer to create dashboards, which is a limited development activity. Persons having this authorization could attack the system by injecting malicious JSP introducing various vulnerabilities e.g. to remote OS code execution on the server.
After the installation of this note, the saving of a file as JSP through SSCE will not be prohibited.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- XMII 15.1
- XMII 15.2
- XMII 15.3
- XMII 15.4
- 9.8 Security updates for the browser control Google Chromium delivered with SAP Business Client
- 9.1 [CVE-2020-6230] Code Injection vulnerability in SAP OrientDB 3.0
- 9.1 [CVE-2020-6219] Deserialization of Untrusted Data in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform (CrystalReports WebForm Viewer)
- 8.3 [CVE-2020-6296] Code Injection Vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver (ABAP) and ABAP Platform