On 12.01.2021 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within ABAP.
SAP Note 3008422 addresses "[CVE-2021-21467] Missing Authorization check in SAP Banking Services (Generic Market Data)" to prevent missing authorization check with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process , the team suggests.
Missing authority checks are still the most common security defect related to authorizations in custom code. Since SAP uses an explicit authorization model, an authority checks must be coded in order to be executed. If an explicit check is not coded, all users have access. This type of vulnerability not only exists in SAP standard it also exists in customer coding. Check your custom developments for vulnerabilities that pose a risk to your systems. SecurityBridge helps detect code vulnerabilities before they are implemented in production.
Risk specificationGeneric Market Data of SAP Banking Services does not properly perform authorization checks for a user allowing them to also access protected Business Partner Ids which should be restricted.
The affected functions have now been enforced to properly check access restrictions.
The advisory 3008422 describes a problem within an ABAP based systems of a specific version. Affected versions are described below. ABAP software is deployed in various software components and is widely used within the SAP product portfolio.
SAP NetWeaver Application Server (formally known as SAP Web Application Server) is a building block of SAP NetWeaver. It is the foundation for most software products developed by SAP SE. SAP NetWeaver systems exist with Java and/or ABAP stacks. The advisory could be relevant for single and dual-stack ABAP installations.
The advisory is valid for
- 10.0 [Multiple CVE IDs] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (JAVA stack)
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-6320] Improper Access Control in SAP Marketing (Mobile Channel Servlet)
- 8.5 [CVE-2020-26837] Multiple Vulnerabilities in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (User Experience Monitoring)
- 8.1 [CVE-2020-6279] Missing Authorization Check in SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
- 7.6 [CVE-2020-26832] Missing Authorization check in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP and SAP S4 HANA (SAP Landscape Transformation)