SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2984034
was released on
12.01.2021 and deals with
"[CVE-2021-21445] Header Manipulation vulnerability in SAP Commerce Cloud" within SAP Commerce Cloud.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
cross-site scripting (xss)
medium potential for exploitation
in component CEC-HCS-SEC.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP Commerce Cloud allows an authenticated attacker to include unvalidated data in the HTTP response header that could lead to attacks like cross-site scripting and page hijacking.
Additional controls and input validation has been implemented to ensure that the Content Type header cannot be manipulated. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 5.4 score.
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27600 ] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution (System Rules)
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6305] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Rest Adapter of SAP Process Integration
- 5.4 [CVE-2020-6303] Improper input validation in SAP Disclosure Management
- 5.4 [CVE-2019-0395] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Fiori BI Launchpad)
- 5.4 [CVE-2021-21447] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Web Intelligence HTML interface)