SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2965154
was released on
12.01.2021 and deals with
"[CVE-2021-21447] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Web Intelligence HTML interface)" within BI/BO platform.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
cross-site scripting (xss)
medium potential for exploitation
in component BI-RA-WBI-FE.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround exists. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
User inputs are now encoded for the affected workflows. Alternativly, the consulting team has proposed the following: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ". The suggestion may be considered, as a workaround or compensating mitigation. We recommend installing/applying the correction wherever possible and as soon as possible. Base your decision on whether or not to apply the patch on your companies and systems risk perspective and consider the provided CVSS 5.4 score.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 6.4 [CVE-2021-27600 ] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Manufacturing Execution (System Rules)
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6305] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Rest Adapter of SAP Process Integration
- 5.4 [CVE-2020-6303] Improper input validation in SAP Disclosure Management
- 5.4 [CVE-2019-0395] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Fiori BI Launchpad)
- 5.4 [CVE-2021-21445] Header Manipulation vulnerability in SAP Commerce Cloud