On 13.10.2020 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within ABAP.
SAP Note 2955963 addresses "Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) in SAP Marketing" to prevent cross-site request forgery (xsrf) with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process, the team suggests.
Missing authority checks are still the most common security defect related to authorizations in custom code. Since SAP uses an explicit authorization model, an authority checks must be coded in order to be executed. If an explicit check is not coded, all users have access. This type of vulnerability not only exists in SAP standard it also exists in customer coding. Check your custom developments for vulnerabilities that pose a risk to your systems. SecurityBridge helps detect code vulnerabilities before they are implemented in production.
Risk specificationCampaign application allows an attacker to trick an authenticated user to send unintended request to the web server. This vulnerability is due to insufficient CSRF protection
The function import of the OData service "CUAN_CAMPAIGN_SRV" has been updated to POST request.
The advisory 2955963 describes a problem within an ABAP based systems of a specific version. Affected versions are described below. ABAP software is deployed in various software components and is widely used within the SAP product portfolio.
SAP NetWeaver Application Server (formally known as SAP Web Application Server) is a building block of SAP NetWeaver. It is the foundation for most software products developed by SAP SE. SAP NetWeaver systems exist with Java and/or ABAP stacks. The advisory could be relevant for single and dual-stack ABAP installations.
The advisory is valid for
- SAP_CUAN 150 2
- SAP_CUAN 160
- UICUAN 150
- UICUAN 160
- 7.6 [CVE-2020-6275] Server Side Request Forgery vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP
- 5.5 Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in Cash Management
- 5.3 [CVE-2020-6308] Server-Side Request Forgery vulnerability in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (Web Services)
- 5.0 This note has been re-released without changes. - Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in SAP Web Dynpro ABAP
- 4.7 [CVE-2020-6206] Cross-Site Request Forgery in SAP Cloud Platform Integration for data services