SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2952084
was released on
10.11.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-26814] Information Disclosure in SAP Process Integration (PGP Module – Business-to-Business Add On)" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
medium potential for exploitation
in component BC-XI-CON.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationUnder certain conditions, the PGP Module of SAP Process Integration, business-to-business add-on allows an authenticatedc attacker to read PGP Keys. The attacker can then use these keys to read messaged that should otherwiese be encrypted.
The patch introduces appropriate encryption.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- PIB2BPGP 1.0
- 7.5 [CVE-2020-26809] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce Cloud
- 7.0 [CVE-2020-6295] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
- 6.5 Information Disclosure in Supplier Relationship Management
- 6.3 [CVE-2020-6297] Information Disclosure in SAP Data Intelligence
- 5.0 Potential information disclosure in Lumira Designer