SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2941315
was released on
11.08.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-6309] Missing Authentication check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA" within Java.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
missing authentication check
high potential for exploitation
in component BC-ESI-WS-JAV-RT.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process.
Risk specificationSAP NetWeaver Java exposes a web service which does not perform any authentication checks leading to complete denial of service.
SAP NetWeaver now properly checks authentication for the service.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- ENGINEAPI 7.10 2
- J2EE-FRMW 7.10-7.11 3
- WSRM 7.10-7.11
- WSRM 7.20
- WSRM 7.30
- WSRM 7.31
- WSRM 7.40
- WSRM 7.50
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-6207] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (User-Experience Monitoring)
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-26829] Missing Authentication Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (P2P Cluster Communication)
- 9.8 [CVE-2020-6198] Missing Authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent)
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6235] Missing authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent )
- 8.5 [CVE-2020-6294] Missing Authentication check in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform