On 11.08.2020 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within Java.
SAP Note 2938162 addresses "[CVE-2020-6293] Unrestricted File Upload in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management)" to prevent missing authentication check with a high risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as monthly patch process, the team suggests.
Risk specificationSAP NetWeaver Knowledge Management does not properly check the user authentication allowing an unauthenticated attacker to access modify or replace specific files on the system.
SAP NetWeaver Knowledge Management has been updated to properly check for authentication.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- KMC-BC 7.30
- KMC-BC 7.31
- KMC-BC 7.40
- KMC-BC 7.50
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-6207] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (User-Experience Monitoring)
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-26829] Missing Authentication Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (P2P Cluster Communication)
- 9.8 [CVE-2020-6198] Missing Authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent)
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6235] Missing authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent )
- 8.5 [CVE-2020-6294] Missing Authentication check in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform