On 09.06.2020 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within SAP Success Factors.
SAP Note 2933282 addresses "[CVE-2020-6279] Missing Authorization Check in SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting" to prevent missing authorization check with a high risk for exploitation.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as project, the team suggests.
Missing authority checks are still the most common security defect related to authorizations in custom code. Since SAP uses an explicit authorization model, an authority checks must be coded in order to be executed. If an explicit check is not coded, all users have access. This type of vulnerability not only exists in SAP standard it also exists in customer coding. Check your custom developments for vulnerabilities that pose a risk to your systems. SecurityBridge helps detect code vulnerabilities before they are implemented in production.
Risk specificationSAP SuccessFactors Recruiting(OData APIs and JobApplicationInterview and JobApplication export permissions) does not perform necessary authorization checks for an authenticated user, resulting in escalation of privileges.
Read/Write permissions for field and row level controls are added to the JobApplicationInterview in SuccessFactors Recruitment Management, 2005 release. Consequently Resumes have now exposed JobApplicationInterview entity with row and field level permissions. Users with read/write permissions are only allowed to view the Resumes.
The advisory is valid for
- SFSF_RECRUITING_MGMT 2005
- 10.0 [Multiple CVE IDs] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (JAVA stack)
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-6320] Improper Access Control in SAP Marketing (Mobile Channel Servlet)
- 9.6 [CVE-2021-21481] Missing Authorization Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (MigrationService)
- 8.5 [CVE-2020-26837] Multiple Vulnerabilities in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (User Experience Monitoring)
- 7.6 [CVE-2020-26832] Missing Authorization check in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP and SAP S4 HANA (SAP Landscape Transformation)