SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2927956
was released on
11.08.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-6294] Missing Authentication check in SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform" within BI/BO platform.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
missing authentication check
high potential for exploitation
in component BI-RA-CR.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Risk specificationXvfb of BI platform on Unix does not perform any authentication checks for functionalities that require user identity resulting in an escalation of privileges.
Xvfb of BI platform on Unix does no longer allow an attacker to access the functions without authentication.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-26829] Missing Authentication Check in SAP NetWeaver AS JAVA (P2P Cluster Communication)
- 10.0 [CVE-2020-6207] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (User-Experience Monitoring)
- 9.8 [CVE-2020-6198] Missing Authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent)
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6235] Missing authentication check in SAP Solution Manager (Diagnostics Agent )
- 8.3 [CVE-2020-6298] Missing Authorization check in SAP Banking Services (Generic Market Data)