SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2888556
was released on
14.04.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-6232] Missing Authorization check in SAP Commerce" within SAP Commerce Cloud.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
missing authorization check
medium potential for exploitation
in component CEC-COM-CPS-WEB.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Missing authority checks are still the most common security defect related to authorizations in custom code. Since SAP uses an explicit authorization model, an authority checks must be coded in order to be executed. If an explicit check is not coded, all users have access. This type of vulnerability not only exists in SAP standard it also exists in customer coding. Check your custom developments for vulnerabilities that pose a risk to your systems. SecurityBridge helps detect code vulnerabilities before they are implemented in production.
Risk specificationSAP Commerce Secure Media does not perform necessary authorization checks for an authenticated user, resulting in escalation of privileges. This affects confidentiality of secure media hosted by SAP Commerce.
READ permissions are removed in the Backoffice Administration Cockpit and by ImpEx.
- 10.0 [Multiple CVE IDs] Missing Authentication Check in SAP Solution Manager (JAVA stack)
- 9.6 [CVE-2020-6320] Improper Access Control in SAP Marketing (Mobile Channel Servlet)
- 8.5 [CVE-2020-26837] Multiple Vulnerabilities in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 (User Experience Monitoring)
- 8.1 [CVE-2020-6279] Missing Authorization Check in SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
- 7.6 [CVE-2020-26832] Missing Authorization check in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP and SAP S4 HANA (SAP Landscape Transformation)