On 10.03.2020 a security relevant correction has been released by SAP SE. The manufacturer resolves an issue within SAP Commerce Cloud.
SAP Note 2876813 addresses "[CVE-2020-6201] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Commerce Cloud (testweb extension)" to prevent Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) with a medium risk for exploitation.
A workaround does exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance, the team suggests.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP Commerce Cloud (testweb extension) allows an unauthenticated attacker to execute malicious scripts leading to Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
The application now properly checks user provided input. Circumstances exist that prevent the timely installation of a patch provided by the manufacturer. In such cases, you may consider applying the suggested workaround as a temporary or compensating mitigation: "Cross-site scripting/request forgery filter engine on IDS/IPS/firewall systems. ".
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6284] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management)
- 8.2 [CVE-2020-6367] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Composite Application Framework
- 6.5 [CVE-2019-0385] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6193]Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management ICE Service)
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6205] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Business Server Pages (Smart Forms)