SAP takes the security of its vast product portfolio very seriously and thus releases security fixes for
vulnerabilities reported by external researchers and their customers every second Tuesday of the month.
SAP Note 2849967
was released on
14.07.2020 and deals with
"[CVE-2020-6276] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform(Bipodata)" within BI/BO platform.
We advice you to follow the instructions, to resolve
Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
medium potential for exploitation
in component BI-BIP-AUT.
According to SAP Security Advisory team a workaround does not exist. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
Cross-site scripting (XSS) is the name of a class of security vulnerabilities that can occur in web-based
applications. XSS combines
affected web application.
Risk specificationSAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Platform(Bipodata) does not sufficiently encode user controlled inputs, resulting in Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
The attributes are now properly encoded to prevent a successful XSS attack.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence suite is an analytics platform allowing SAP customers to make better decisions based on their business data. SAP BI is a module meant for producing business insights and expands its power in combination with HANA DB and also exists as BW/4 HANA. Due to processing sensitive business data, the Data security is of utmost importance.
The advisory is valid for
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6284] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management)
- 8.2 [CVE-2020-6367] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver Composite Application Framework
- 6.5 [CVE-2019-0385] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP Enable Now
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6193]Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver (Knowledge Management ICE Service)
- 6.1 [CVE-2020-6205] Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP Business Server Pages (Smart Forms)