A note with CVSS 5.3 for component BC-XI-IBD-INF was released by SAP on 11.05.2021. The correction/advisory 2745860 was described with "Information Disclosure in Enterprise Services Repository of SAP Process Integration" and affects the system type Java.
A workaround does not exist, according to SAP Security Advisory team. It is advisable to implement the correction as part of maintenance.
The vulnerability addressed is information disclosure within Java.
Information disclosure is when an application fails to properly protect sensitive and confidential information from
parties that are not supposed to have access to the subject matter in normal circumstances.
Carefully review every information disclosure vulnerablity in regards to disclosure obligations post-GDPR for ‘Personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Risk specificationThe IDoc / RFC metadata upload from an ABAP backend to Enterprise Services Repository cannot be secured via SNC and therefore allows an attacker to access information that would otherwise be restricted.
The option to upload the data via SNC has now been enabled.
SAP Netweaver Application Server Java is part of the SAP NetWeaver Application Platform. It provides the complete infrastructure for deploying and running Java applications.
- The AS Java Home: SAP Netweaver Application Server Java wiki
- A dedicated SAP NetWeaver 7.40 Application Server for Java Security Guide exists.
The advisory is valid for
- MESSAGING 7.31 3
- MESSAGING 7.40 3
- MESSAGING 7.50 3
- NWCEIDE 7.31
- NWCEIDE 7.40
- NWCEIDE 7.50
- SAP_XIAF 7.31 4
- SAP_XIAF 7.40 4
- SAP_XIAF 7.50 4
- SAP_XIESR 7.31 4
- SAP_XIESR 7.40 4
- SAP_XIESR 7.50 4
- SAP_XIGUILIB 7.31
- SAP_XIGUILIB 7.40
- SAP_XIGUILIB 7.50
- SAP_XITOOL 7.31 5
- SAP_XITOOL 7.40 5
- SAP_XITOOL 7.50 5
- 9.0 [CVE-2020-6252] Information Disclosure in SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (Cockpit)
- 8.9 Information Disclosure in Central Order
- 8.6 [CVE-2020-6264] Information Disclosure in SAP Commerce
- 8.3 [CVE-2021-21482] Information Disclosure in SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management
- 8.2 [CVE-2021-21483] Information Disclosure in SAP Solution Manager